Would you like a boost in SF Bay Area publicity (especially here in Silicon Valley), for higher awareness and attendance? We have 30,000+ IEEE Members/guests in the SF Bay Area, and our Council publicity can help supplement the efforts of your organization, especially with respect to developers, microelectronics designers, systems engineers, managers and professors who live close to where your event is being held.
We have four "properties":
- The e-GRID is a twice-monthly email "newsletter" that summarizes upcoming Chapter meetings, courses, conferences and events for the electrical/computer engineering community. Run by the local Council of the IEEE, it serves both members and non-members who wish to take advantage of the rich diversity of lectures and talks taking place in the SF Bay Area. In addition, it contains sequential panels with summaries and links featuring upcoming advertised events. View a recent copy and scroll down through the panels; picture this as coming to your INBOX.
- The GRID.pdf Monthly Magazine is posted in the final week of the previous month and is then available for download by engineers around the Bay Area. Running from 25 to 40 pages in length, it has half-page and full-page ads for upcoming conferences, courses, and services. Your event is listed on the front cover, which doubles as a clickable index to the contents. View a recent copy and try some of the "[more]" links.
- Our GRID Website lists upcoming lunch/evening meetings across a broad range of topics, and your rotating Banner Ad is shown in the right-hand column on both the Home Page and the QuickReference Calendar Page. We compose most of these banner ads ourselves, with an eye to attracting the interest of our technical audience. View our Home Page and our QuickRef Calendar and our Google Calendar.
- Our Blog and RSS Feed publishes our local activities -- meetings, courses, conferences -- to adoptors of RSS (Really Simple Syndication). RSS feeds are especially popular with younger developers wishing to subscribe only to news that has an immediate interest to them; our meeting/conference "stories" are assigned to one or more of 9 different technical interest areas ("Categories"). Your event's banner ad is displayed on the blog itself, and your event is publicized once a month to all subscribers as a news item. Visit our BayAreaTech blog.
- Coming soon: Android and iOS Apps, with the capability of instantly giving a Smartphone user a listing of upcoming meetings/events, presenting only the ones within the category(s) of interest. Your banner ad can be at the foot of the screen. (Release: Summer 2013)
Please access one or more of our flyers to find out how we use our publicity channels to augment other publicity that you may be considering:
- Our Conferences Flyer, with information about publicizing major technical events.
- Our Courses Flyer, with guidance about publicizing tutorials, college classes, seminars, and open positions for which you are seeking candidates.
- Our Commercial Products and Services Flyer, with guidance about publicizing your services and products to our technical audience.
- Our MARKETPLACE Flyer, discussing professional and laboratory services publicity in our MARKETPLACE.
- Web Page Sponsorship Opportunities, for companies or institutions wishing to support our local IEEE and receive acknowledgment in return.
- For our local Chapters, our Chapter Tutorials/Seminars Publicity Flyer, to extend your Chapter's reach to all IEEE members in the Council, across all Societies, plus 12,000 local non-members.
The e-GRID twice-a-month email to our members
The GRID.pdf monthly magazine
Our web log (blog), resulting in an RSS Feed