SF-BAC - 1/24 | 2015 Officer Training and Chapter Best Practices Workshop
- SAM-IEEE demographics, vTools, chapter finances ...
(Michael's at Shoreline, 2960 North Shoreline Bivd. Mountain View, 7:00AM to 1 pm)
SF-IAS - 1/27 | 49ers’ New Levi's Stadium: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at This Impressive Green Stadium
- many green features,1,162 solar panels, the vegetative roof utilizing native plants ...
Sinbad's Restaurant, SF, 5:30 PM)
SCV-Magnetics - 1/28 | Magnetic Materials and Devices for Renewable Energy Applications
- energy-related technologies, magnetic materials, electricity generation and conversion technologies ...
(Western Digital, San Jose, 6:45 PM)
SCV-MEMS - 1/28 | Lab-on-Chip Technologies Beyond the Diffraction Limit: Ebola Detection and Cancer Diagnostics
- nanophotonics, tranformative, fluidics, in-vitro diagnostics ...
SCV-SSC - 1/29 | High-Performance MEMS Inertial Sensors: A Tutorial Overview
- design challenges for wearables, health, fitness ...
SCV-CNSV - 2/3 | Productivity in the Cloud for Small Businesses and Consultants
- feature-rich software, licenses, from office, from field, tools, tips ...
SCV-phot - 2/3 | Next Generation Video and Displays
- Demo of EDR (Extended Dynamic Range) quantum dot based TV Display ... ...
(Dolby Labs in Sunnyvale, 6 PM)
SCV-TEMS - 2/5 | IEEE TEMS Visioning Meeting
- best practices, work together more effectively, challenges in different levels of management ...
(AMD Commons Building, 6 to 8 PM)
SCV-SVEC Education Awards
Deadline is February 7, 2015. For awards eligibility and criteria [more]
SCV-EMC - 2/10 | Electrical Design for High-End Computer Systems
- co-design, co-analysis, power integrity, electromagnetic extraction ...
(Agilent Technologies, 5:30pm: Networking/light dinner - 6:30pm: Presentation - 7:45pm
SCV-EDS - 2/10 | A photovoltaic diode array as a retinal prosthesis for patients with degenerative retinal diseases
- photoreceptors degrade, functioning portions of the eye, photovoltaic mode ...
(TI /Building E Conference Center, 2900 Semiconductor Dr., Santa Clara, 6:00 PM pizza, 6:15 PM - Seminar)
SCV-SPS - 2/11 | Current State of Physically Modeled Musical Instruments on Handheld Mobile Devices
- Handheld mobile computing devices, "moForte Guitar", modeled musical instruments ...
(AMD Sunnyvale, 6:30 pm),
SCV-PV - 2/11 | Expressing Solar
- solar energy, communicating with less technical people...
(Palo Alto Research Center, G.E. Pake Auditorium), 3333 Coyote Hill Road, Palo Alto, 6:00 PM)
SF-Nano - 2/17 | Integrated On-Chip Energy Storage Using Nanoporous-Silicon Electrochemical Capacitors
- nanostructure, surface-coating processes, electrostatic devices ...
(TI Auditorium, noon to 1 PM)
SCV-CS - 2/17 | The Human Intranet – Where Swarms and Humans Meet
- Internet of Things (IoT), Swarm vision, “Human Intranet” ...
(Cadence / Bldg 10, 2655 Seely Ave, San Jose, CA, 6:30 PM)
SCV-EMBS - 2/18 | Breast CT for breast cancer screening and diagnostic evaluation
- breast CT systems, technical parameters such as spatial resolution ...
(Stanford University, 7:30 PM)
SF-PES - 2/18 | Distribution Transformers Efficiencies
-upcoming 2016 Department of Energy efficiency standard, 2010 DOE standard...
(PUC,SF, 11:30 AM to 1 PM)
OEB-IAS - 2/19 | NFPA 70E - 2015 - Are You Ready for the Changes?
- Electrical Safety, changes, electrical equipment ... (Oakland, 5:30 PM)
SCV-LIFE - 2/23 | A PERSPECTIVE on DESALINATION
- flow-through electrode capacitive desalination, novel porous material as an electrode ...
(Michaels at Shoreline, 6 PM)
SCV-MEMS - 2/25 | Building Successful MEMS Company: From Start to IPO
- strategy, real value, commercialization, customer design-in ...
SCV-CPMT - 2/26 | Advanced Stacked Die Packaging Technology: More than 2D
- 3DIC, 2.5D, 2.1D, 2.01D, F2F (3D-), Glass interposer ...
(TI, 11:30 am)
SCV-SSCS - 2/27 | Shannon Inspired Statistical, Error Resilient on Chip Computing
- nanoscale CMOS, developing a Shannon-inspired statistical information processing, Systems On Nanoscale Information fabriCs (SONIC) Center ...
(Maxim Integrated Headquarters in San Jose, 6 pm to 8 pm )
SF-IAS - 2/27 | Design safe. Be informed. Save time
- The Practicing EE’s “ELECTRICAL GRAIL”: What YOU Need to Know about Grounding, Codes, and Design Efficiency ...
(The Double Tree Pleasanton, 7:30 am to 4:40 pm)
SCV-CNSV - 3/3 | The World of the Expert Witness
- Expert Witness, good career path, learn, understand, follow along a typical case ...
(Agilent, 7 PM)
SCV-SPS - 3/5 | Perceptual Audio Coding: An Overview of Basic Principles and Current Standards
- perceptual audio coders that fit into pockets, technology employed in perceptual audio coding...
(AMD Sunnyvale, 6:30 PM)
SCV-CPMT - 3/10 | From Development to Manufacturing: Insights into the Latest Activities of the Advanced Packaging Market
- 3DIC, substrates, flip chip, embedded technologies ...
(TI, 5:45 pm light dinner, 6:30 pm presentation)
SF-IAS - 3/24 | Review of the IEEE Guide for Grounding System Characterization (Std. 81) and Application in Touch and Step Potential
Estimation in the Event of an Electrical Short-circuit Fault
- IEEE Std. 81, measure electrical characteristics ...